Many of you have been asking for the recipe for my vegan fried chicken. I have finally perfected it!
I use some chicken I found at the Asian Market. Its made by a company named “Verisoy”. I guess you could use any chicken substitute you want.
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
5 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
4 tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons baking powder
Mock chicken (I use some chicken I found at the Asian Market. Its made by a company named “Verisoy”. I guess you could use any chicken substitute you want.)
4 cups of peanut oil (you can use whatever oil you prefer. Peanut oil doesn’t burn easily, so I prefer to use it. )
I seasoned the chicken with Seasoning Salt and let it sit overnight. I don’t think it has to sit overnight. but i would recommend seasoning the chicken first and letting it sit for a little.
1.Mix together all the dry ingredients except the baking powder.
2. Put the yellow mustard in another bowl with 2/3 cups of water.
3. Add 1/3 cup of the flour mixture to the yellow mustard mixture and stir .
4. Add the baking powder to the flour mixture.
5. Dip the Chicken chunks in the mustard mixture and coat evenly.
6. Dip the chicken int he flour mixture and coat evenly.
I prefer to use two bowls with tops. that looks me to put the chick in the bowl and shake it up.
7. Place the chicken in the oil. I cook it on medium heat. I cook it for about 10 mins.
Let me know if you have any questions. I can actually do a video of it if you guys want. Let me know!